KENTAURUS Silage maize -
The ultra early heavyweight
This variety matures very early without the usual yield penalty of
other early varieties. The combination of high yield with above average
M.E. means KENTAURUS produces more energy per acre
than any other early variety. This coupled with the highest starch yield
of any variety, bar one late variety, makes it an outstanding maize.
In fact NIAB have been so impressed by it they have given it their award
for the most outstanding variety of 2010. To obtain the optimum plant
population it is recommended to be sown at 43,000 seeds per acre.
Features & Benefits
- Ultra early - Predicted NIAB Group 11
- Ultra early NIAB Group 12 (less favourable sites)
- Highest yield performance of all ultra early
hybrids at almost 18 t/ha DM Yield
- FAO 160 (The FAO number system is a standard
measure of earliness which takes account of both cob ripeness
and stay green. The lower the number the earlier the maturity)
- Excellent silage quality at 11.4 ME, combined
with leading starch yields
- Extremely high starch content over 37 %
- Excellent whole plant digestibility over 70
- High cob : stover ratio
- Compact, stable plant type
- Strong vigour
KENTAURUS is certainly a variety that needs
considering - if you need more information please phone the office
on 01948 661602 or your usual agent.
Reference / Further Reading
Ask for a no obligation on-line quote.
Company Reg. No: 3758489